The Temple Theater Is Up For Sale!
The Temple Theatre is listed with Northen Maine Realty realtor Greg Miller.
Call Greg at 207-532-0900 or 207-694-2064 or email at email@example.com
The historic Market Square property: including the Temple Theatre, the Temple building, and the large parking lot which overlooks the Meduxnekeag River is available for purchase.
The theatre was fully renovated in 2002 from the basement up. Concessions, restrooms, theatres, carpeting, lighting, walls, counters, projection equipment, etc. were all renovated or replaced. Most of the “front of the house”(public space) equipment and facilities is in “excellent ” condition. New screens, seating, speakers, details, and some projection and sound equipment were installed to make the theatre going experience enjoyable and professional.
In November of 2014 the theatre was completely converted to digital projection and sound with all new servers, speakers, projectors, sound, and more.
With the completion of the digital conversion the attendance and satisfaction of theatre goers has increased dramatically.
The theatre building is the heart of downtown Houlton’s historic Market Square and with the parking lot has nearly 500 feet of frontage directly on the Square.
The Temple Theatre re-opened on November 1, 2002 to rave reviews and higher than expected attendance. The theatre has consistently exceeded projections and does well. As a two screen theatre we show the best of first run films. We can’t “open” them all but if it was big in the world it will be big in Houlton. There is room to add one more screen in our “balcony” or “backstage” area.
In 2003 we purchased the adjacent former “Key Bank” parking lot. In 2004 we purchased the Masonic Temple building from our landlords; the Masonic Lodge. The building purchase includes the 2nd floor with over 6500 square feet of rental/lease office space including an owners/managers apartment. The 3rd floor of the Temple building is privately owned in condominium arrangement with the Masonic Temple Lodge Assoc. The purchases combined the parking lot, the building, and the theatre business into one large and significant property.
The 2nd floor office space is now fully leased. There is also a 7 room apartment occupied by our manager.
In 2008-09 we added 18” of insulation in our roof to conserve on heat, replaced one of our boilers with a brand new oil boiler, and in 2013 added a new state of the art wood pellet boiler cutting our heating costs by 50% and added new efficiency controls, added energy conservation applications throughout the building, and replaced the 3rd floor windows with new energy efficient windows.
The property extends to a point high above the Meduxnekeag River edge and has a commanding view of the river, the exciting new Houlton pedestrian bridge, the Riverfront Park, and River Walk project. There is great potential for further commercial or residential development on the property.
The building, leased office space, theatre, restaurant, and parking lot real estate is offered separately or in whole. The building, theatre, and apartment/office space is available separately. Entire property and business $350,000.00. Buyers interested in purchasing the property fully leased: please ask to discuss lease terms.
- Fully running two screen movie theatre
- Fully leased 6500 Sq. ft of office and apartment
- Large parking lot
- A great staff
- All new digital projectors, servers, sound, speakers just installed in 2014.
- Backup or extra digital projector.
- Full fire alarm system
- Training, assistance, film booking, and consulting is included and available to assist new owners as they take over operations.
- “First Run” status established with every major national film company.
- Two theatres with 200 seats each.
- New screens and curtains
- 400 New Seating Concepts seats in two theatres
- One video projector ceiling mounted
- Newly painted throughout.
- All new emergency lighting
- Two balconies.
- Brass railings
- All new restrooms
- Brass ceiling fans.
- New fixtures
- New hot water heater.
- 3 story classic downtown building
- State of the art wood pellet boiler.
- One brand new oil boiler Classic restored décor.
- New marquee signage.
- 6500 square foot of second floor office rentals and apartment.
- Residential possibilities.
- New carpeting and aisle lighting.
- Restored original lighting
- All good condition concession stand equipment including popcorn machine, buttering machine, cooler, microwave, nachos, coffee maker, ice machine, etc.
- Computerized ticketing and concession sales with RTS ticketing software
- Over 12 years of certified operations.
- Complete town and Fire Marshall approved architectural plans for theatre expansion.
- Projections for current operation and expanded operations.
- Lockable storage in concession area.
- Private office.
- Newly insulated roof
- Office equipment including back office computer, copier, answering machines fax machine, etc.
- Employee restroom.
- Ample storage.
- Large paved parking lot.
- Overlooks the new Houlton pedestrian bridge and River walk Park.
- 800 foot of Meduxnekeag River frontage.
- Property surveyed
- Southern exposure.
- Large lot has room for new commercial or residential construction.
- Located on historic Market Square.
- Building has full fire sprinkler system.
- Private group booking and underwritten Holiday programs underway
- Great sunsets!
- Next to the CEI senior housing.